PROPS is a two-quarter program that provides a variety of opportunities. PROPS scholars:
- receive a stipend for Winter and Spring quarters (up to $2, 000)
- attend weekly seminars (2 units per quarter) with topics related to graduate study, research in psychology, and career options
- get help in completing all components of a graduate school application
- work closely with a faculty mentor conducting research in psychology
- network with peers
- receive guidance in choosing the right graduate school
- present research at the end of the year at undergraduate research conferences
To be eligible for PROPS, you must:
- have sophomore, junior, or senior standing
- be a Psychology, Psychobiology, or Cognitive Science major or pre-major
- have completed introductory psychology, statistics (Psych 100A), research methods (Psych 100B), and at least one upper division Psychology class taken at UCLA or another UC campus
- have an overall GPA of 2.7 or higher at UCLA and a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the major
- be a member of an underrepresented group (i.e. be eligible for financial aid, be a first generation college student, member of an underrepresented minority in graduate education).
The application deadline for the 2016 program has passed. Applications for the Winter/Spring 2017 program will be available in October 2016. Please check back at that time.
Share this Post
INTERESTING PSYCHOLOGY VIDEO
Jennifer Lancaster Psychology Undergraduate Research
Psychology at Malone offers opportunities for research ...
Research Opportunities for Psychology Undergraduates