The Council of National Psychology Associations for the Advancement of Ethnic Minority Interests is comprised of leaders of national psychology organizations whom meet to address issues of importance to ethnic minorities and to the advancement of ethnic minority interests.
Mission & Goals
The presidents of the member associations along with the APA president (or his/her designee) constitute the Council of National Psychological Associations for the Advancement of Ethnic Minority Interests (CNPAAEMI). The goals of the council are to:
- Promote the professional/career development of ethnic/racial minority psychologists.
- Advance multicultural competence of psychologists.
- Promote culturally competent service delivery models of psychological care.
- Increase the recruitment and retention of ethnic/racial minorities in the profession of psychology.
- Liaison and collaborate with other appropriate organizations interested in ethnic/racial minority issues and/or projects.
- Promote research and understanding using alternative cultural paradigms.
Contact the Council
750 First Street NE
Telephone: (202) 336-6029
Fax: (202) 336-6040
- Tiffany G. Townsend, PhD (email)
- Alberto Figueroa-Garcia, EdD, MBA (email)
- Sumie Okazaki, PhD
- Taasogle Daryl Rowe, PhD
- Linda James Myers, PhD
Designated ABPsi Representative to CNPAAEMI
- Marie Miville, PhD
- Andrés J. Consoli, PhD
Designated NLPA Representative to CNPAAEMI
- Carolyn Morris, PhD
- Stanley Sue, PhD
President, APA Div. 45
- Cynthia D. Belar, PhD, ABPP